Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Whatta Year!



To begin, I know it has been forever and a day since I've posted a blog! The holiday season is closing in on us once again and I have been reminiscing today about the whirlwind year I've had so far. 

I decided to start up a small baking business out of my home around the first of the year. I knew that turning something I love to do anyway into some extra money for my family would give me a sense of calm in this chaotic world I call life, but I had no idea how busy it would keep me or how many wonderful people I would meet! 

My first 'big deal' birthday cake I did for a customer was a 3D Dumbo cake. I used fondant, sugar gum paste, and molding chocolate to create it. It is probably one of my favorite creations I've ever done. I mean, who doesn't love Dumbo?





No comments:

Post a Comment